18 April 2010

The Last of the 2009 Carrots



We are down to our last 2 2009 carrots. They are a bit small and I think when they are washed I might decide there are too many bad spots to bother cutting around. So I am calling Friday's dinner the last of the 2009 carrots. We had them with grocery store veg and chickpea cutlets (http://www.veganpeace.com/recipe_pages/recipes/ChickpeaCutlets.htm). And this was just a few days after planting the 2010 carrots (won't expect to be eating them till June though).

It feels pretty good to have grown enough to last through the winter. They kept very well in the cold cellar but they were getting more and more bad spots over the months and I was getting a bit sick of dealing with those. So I haven't planted quite so many this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment