17 June 2010

Blanket Bin

I finished a project this morning. A big blanket bin for the living room. I wanted something to hold our 2 snuggling blankets and the big nursing pillow and our little basket was always overflowing and falling over and a big mess. So I made this. I wanted to make sure it was big enough so I obviously made it way too big. But overall I like it.

I used 2x4s to make a frame with a thin plywood bottom. I was able to use scraps other than the plywood so this part cost almost nothing.

And I covered it with this bedsheet with this awesome pattern that I got from our thrift store for 50 cents.

And here it is in its spot. A little huge but it serves its purpose. And I do like how it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment