30 December 2010

Homemade Christmas Gifts Part One

I want to do a post to record all the homemade Christmas gifts that I made this year.

I made the big bag from Heather Ross's Weekend Sewing for my sister in law. I managed to squeeze enough fabric out of a denim skirt and used a cool fly table cloth for the lining.

And a little zip up pouch to match.

I made a tote bag with a butterfly applique for my older sister.


And a couple of pillowcases for her too since she loves butterflies.

A little make up bag for my younger sister that I put a few homemade soaps into. I used this tutorial from Noodlehead.

We used our printer and some shrinky dink paper to make some magnets of the many faces of Henry for Grandparents and Aunties. We got the idea from here.

A Banana Republic Hat with mittens that I sewed up from this pattern. I sewed a pair from a knit material and a pair from fleece and put them together to make lovely lined mittens, didn't even need elastic to make them stay on.


An antimacassar to protect the back of my mum's favourite chair.

From left to right I made the Amelia Earhart Aviator Cap, Iceland Earflap Cap, Fancy Ribby Hat for Henry, Banana Republic Hat, and another Iceland Earflap Cap.

No comments:

Post a Comment