10 November 2009

Christmas Soap Making

Kevin has been helping me make some soaps for Christmas gifts. First we made some peppermint soap. We used peppermint oil to give it a strong peppermint smell and I opened up a mint medley tea bag to give it some specs of dried mint leaves too which I think look really cool especially since they came out kind of different colours after the soap making.


I also wanted to use the dried marigold flowers that I had saved from our garden this summer. I matched it with some lavender essential oil. Marigold and calendula I think are the only two flower petals that don't turn black in the soapmaking process so it was nice we happened to have loads of marigolds.


I hung them up in the study closet to dry months ago. Then we pulled out all the dry petals (along with the seeds).


And I think the soap turned out really nicely. I already bought some nice ribbon from the thrift store to tie it up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment