We've been talking about them for years it seems, sometimes seriously, sometimes not. But we finally did it. The saloon doors are up and working perfectly. It is not as easy as walking through a doorway without saloon doors but with our new nicely finished basement I didn't like having an open doorway. And these still allow ventilation which is especially good with our dehumidifier being in that room.
I used regular 2X4s, some leftover 2x10 for the top, and bought some small plywood boards that fit on my bike basket for the panels. And I got to use my table saw, router, and biscuit joiner. Kevin did all the wood finishing which is what makes them look so nice.