23 March 2012

Kevin's 28th Birthday

Kevin turned 28 yesterday. We didn't do anything too special, I just made him a special meal and then we went on a family bike ride.

I did pizza with loads of porcini mushrooms and even with cheese!

And for the cake I did a chocolate caramel cake and served it with homemade vanilla ice cream. I couldn't find a recipe for vegan chocolate caramel cake so I used a standard vegan chocolate cake recipe and added in some layers of vegan caramel which there is a recipe for in the Vegan Scoop. It turned out pretty delicious I think. But it was just about impossible to get both the icing and the caramel at perfect spreading consistency so it turned out a bit drippy.

2 comments:

  1. What a coincidence! Mike turned 27 yesterday! Tell Kevin happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He says Thanks! Hope Mike had a good day too!

      Delete