24 November 2010

Another Sweater for Henry

I used my new sewing skills and the Ottobre pattern I used last week to whip up another sweater for Henry yesterday. I used an old sweater of mine and changed up the pattern a bit. I like how it turned out, totally something I would wear, exactly how I want to dress my baby.

You can see in this picture how I used the sweater, making the sides of the old shirt the middle of the new which looks kind of cool with the ribbing in the middle.

And I just cut a slit in the front to make a little V-neck. I used other parts of the sweater as binding all around the neck hole. And other than that I used finished edges of the old sweater as the finished edges of my new sweater so there was no hemming - important when working with knits. This material is a thick knit cotton so we'll see how the seams hold up to wear and washing. Not sure about fraying even though I zig zagged all the seams.

No comments:

Post a Comment