19 November 2010

Henry's New Outfit and Sewing with Knits

I made Henry a little outfit! The top is a pattern from an Ottobre magazine and the pants are just the pattern I made from his existing pants that I've used before. I bought myself a couple of back issues when they were offering a 30% discount through Soulemama's blog a little while ago. I made both the top and the pants from a large women's long sleeve T I bought from the thrift store just for this. And the purple is from an old T of my sister's. Purple is both Henry's and my sister's favourite colour so it works out well.

I am so happy with how it turned out. I think he will probably wear the two pieces separately more than together to avoid the prison look. And I'm so proud of how well I did sewing with quite a stretchy material. I didn't learn any big secret or anything. I was just very careful and patient. And I did binding with the purple instead of hemming and I know that helped.

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie that boy is! I simply love the outfit!