08 April 2011

Baby in the Hood Jacket


I finally put the buttons on this jacket that I made for Henry and now it is the perfect weather for it. It is the baby in the hood jacket from Anna Maria Horner's Handmade Beginnings, a really great sewing pattern book that I bought for myself. So far I've also made the cushion and the booties from this book.

Instead of making it a summer jacket like it is meant to be I did fleece for the lining so it is a bit warmer. I think he will get more wear out of it this way. It turned out alright with the alteration, I just went up a size. The only place it maybe didn't work so well is the sleeves are a bit tight. But they fit.

It was very hard picking the fabrics to use. He does already have a plaid jacket as well as several shirts but I just love him in plaid. And combined with the indian print placket I think it looks quite different than anything else.

I would love to make him another summer weight jacket using the same pattern but I have so much on my list to sew I'm not sure if I'll get around to it. I'll just have to enjoy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment