29 June 2011

A present for a relative

I took a break from all that sewing for myself and have been working on something for my mum's cousin over in England who just retired on her 60th birthday. There was a long countdown to this day so I wanted to make her something to mark the occasion. I also know she very much appreciates the thought put into handmade gifts, even simple ones and it is always fun to sew for those people. This is a simple hot pad with patchwork and embroidery made with bits of material I had in my stash.

Henry and I are back in our regular routine since getting back from the vacation. We are appreciating the scenery and the nature that's a short walk away instead of a 4+ hour drive.

Henry's really working on his vocabulary too. He learned boat (bo) and rock (waw) while we were away. He still gets plenty of opportunity to show us rocks around here and he did point out a boat to me in a picture in a book the other day. And he's really into noses. He's been pointing at ours for a couple of weeks now and just a day or so ago he found his own by running his hand from the top of his head down his face till he feels it and he says 'no' in the sweetest voice. It's my number one goal at the moment to get a good video or picture even of him doing this but it hasn't worked out so far. He also likes grabbing onto his ears and pointing at our eyes but I've only got him to say 'eye' a couple times. I usually am very firm about him not touching my glasses but when he gently moves them out of the way so he can poke my eye it is so sweet I just have to let him. Oh and door, he started saying door all of a sudden usually when he wants you to open it and let him outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment