05 June 2011

A Summer Top

I sewed this top for myself last week. I had lots of time to sew since Henry was having 3 hour naps. I bought myself this New Look 6024 pattern - I was actually looking for a sun hat pattern when I came across this. I like the hat and the top so thought it was worth buying - the hat is on my list to sew.
I used some yellow cotton and made the tunic but shortened it to a top in the end. I went just a little on the big side for size since I did not put a zipper in the back as called for but it was a bit loose and I ended up taking it in quite a bit.
I love how this turned out. It was fun doing the interesting pleating in the front but really easy too.
Here it is in action yesterday. Henry was having some fun at his Grandma and Grandpa's pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment