I had a bit of sewing time last week while Henry played with his trains in the rec room (which is also my current sewing studio). So I finally got around to this simple project.
I had acquired a few queen flat sheets before I decided that I did not like using flat sheets - I only like using a duvet with just a duvet cover. So these weren't getting used. And Kevin and I both LOVE this cactus sheet. We also have the cactus fitted sheet but even with our never-made bed you don't get to see fitted sheets enough.
I just laid a duvet cover over the sheets and cut them to size, then sewed them together on three sides. The backside is another yellow flat sheet. And the bottom is held closed with buttons. Now I can retire our old pilly duvet cover and we'll still have 2 really nice ones to keep. (You can see a bit of our other really nice duvet cover in the last picture of my last post.) And we get maximum enjoyment out of those awesome cacti!
I should also mention our artwork above the bed. I made that a few months ago. I found the yellow tablecloth with brown and orange embroidery at a thrift store. Then I used my table saw to turn a 2x4 into a frame and stapled the tablecloth to it. I do love our yellow bedroom.