25 April 2012

Ready for Baby


We are feeling really ready for this baby.  The waiting is much much different than waiting for Henry was 2 years ago.  We are not anxious or wishing away the weeks, we have the most perfect two year old to distract us.  And I honestly don't want these last few weeks to speed by, I will happily stay pregnant and keep enjoying the waiting for my baby.  I am really loving and appreciating these last few weeks as a family of 3, these last few weeks of giving Henry all my attention, of asking Henry what he wants to do and then doing it.

But it feels good to have everything ready for baby too.

Home birth supplies (for the water tub too) and hospital bag all ready.

And the baby's room is all ready, and all clothes are washed and waiting.  I thought I'd take some pictures while it is nice and tidy.  (Henry's room never looks anything like this anymore.)

I didn't go for any theme, just used the new room as a place to hang up anything I love.  I love that wall hanging I found in a thrift store months and months ago.  And I put pictures from an old kid's book in those frames that I had lying around and even got to use existing nail holes for them.

This tea towel I just think is the most beautiful interesting tea towel ever and I'm so glad to finally have a place to display it.  I used the table saw to cut some appropriately sized bits of wood for the top and bottom and then just used the staple gun to attach the tea towel and the bit of twine for hanging. 


So we're all ready.  Just enjoying our last few weeks pre-baby #2.  Henry is really doing well at sleeping all through the night on his own in his bed in his room.  But we are still letting/encouraging him to come into our bed for an hour or two of snuggling in the morning.  It is just so lovely I don't want to give it up.  I think that when the baby comes we might just attempt squishing the four of us in there for a couple hours each morning.  Or we could always buy a king size bed (and a house with a bigger bedroom to fit it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment