22 October 2011

Bean Bin


I saw this idea somewhere months and months ago so of course I don't remember where it was now. But I was reminded of it when Henry was helping me make the granola that other day and he really liked putting the oats in the measuring cup and playing with them a bit.

The idea is simple - just dry beans in a big container to play in like an indoor sandbox. I'm sure it was recommended for slightly older kids but I know my Henry and feel confident that he's not going to choke on one or even put them in his mouth.

He has been having a ball playing in there the past few days. He asks to go in several times a day and sometimes he also just wants us to put a few beans on the floor for him to put them back in the bin. And so far he is very good at keeping them in the bin. What a great toy!

No comments:

Post a Comment