22 January 2011

Short Sleeved Cardi

I saw someone the other day wearing a short sleeved sweater over a long sleeved T-shirt and I thought it looked cool. So when I came across this old sweater that I had cut the sleeves off for Henry's pants, I thought I could make my own. I have also been looking at lots of sewing blogs recently so I was full of confidence and inspiration.

I really like how it turned out. I always loved the pattern and colours of this sweater but never the fit, it was short and wide. So while I was turning it short sleeved I also took in the sides a lot. I used the bit I cut from the side seam to bind off the arm holes, I managed to eek out just enough fabric and then force my sewing machine to sew through the layers of thick fabric.

I think I will wear it this winter and summer - perfect!




No comments:

Post a Comment