10 July 2011

Banana Ice Cream

Yum! I tried my second vegan ice cream recipe today and it was delicious (my first was caramel, also delicious). This was banana ice cream. The recipe is from the book The Vegan Scoop that I currently have out of the library and that is now definitely on my want-to-own list. I want to try some of the crazy flavours in there like yam and sweet curry coconut but I think next should be raspberry since it is raspberry season and we have a steady supply coming from the backyard.

It turned out delicious, especially with a few chocolate chips sprinkled on top. One thing I did differently this time was to make my own 'soy creamer' instead of buying it for $3 a pint which cut down on the cost a lot and means we will almost always have all the ingredients on hand. I followed the directions for making the soy creamer from the book Vegan Bake Sale which I also have out of the library right now. It is mostly a mix of soy milk and oil.
Henry actually refused to try the ice cream but he loved the chocolate chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment