07 July 2011

Kombucha

I am back to drinking kombucha. I got the mother of SCOBY (symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast) from a nice man who was giving it away back in September after I read about kombucha in the book Wild Fermentation. But I hadn't been getting around to making it for months. And here are some possibly gross pictures of what it looks like left unattended for months, the mothers just got thicker and thicker. I just thought it was so cool I had to take pictures. And now I am back to drinking it, it tastes better than I remember it, a bit vinegar-y but there's also something tasty about it. And it's supposed to be very good for you. I make mine with green tea but I think I will try black tea next time I make it. And here is one definitely not gross picture: Henry doing some car-spotting.

No comments:

Post a Comment