02 February 2011

A New Bread Recipe

I tried out a new bread recipe today, the main recipe from Peter Reinhart's Whole Grain Breads. I had read that this book was the opposite of my usual book Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day so I was just curious and got it from the library. It wasn't as much work as I thought it would be, it's all about a 'delayed fermentation process' so I started making the bread the day before I baked it but there wasn't too much kneading which is more important to me in terms of being easy/doable.


But the taste of my first loaf of bread from the book was just ok, less good in fact than the whole wheat loaf from the Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day in my opinion. So now I know it's not the book for me and I appreciate even more my usual easy recipes.

Here are some cute things Henry was doing today.

Playing with my apple core.

Playing with his belly button. He's been very interested in mine for about a week, always poking his finger in there when I'm trying to nurse him. So the other day I showed him his. I put his finger there and he pokes around and laughs and smiles sometimes too! He doesn't look down to see it, guess he doesn't realize he can yet. Still no progress on learning to walk or talk but he is becoming a belly button expert at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment