09 February 2011

Summer Outfit

I sewed up this summer outfit from Heather Ross` Weekend Sewing last week. I am pretty happy with it, probably shouldn't wear the pieces together though - there are limits to my frumpiness.

Apart is better. This is the summer blouse. It feels and looks a bit like I am wearing a sheet I think. Could be to do with the fact that it is made from an old sheet. But it was easy to make and I am happy to consider it a practice version - I have plans to make a couple more before summer.

The skirt I love. I made it from a table cloth. But it was quite a bit more work than my table cloth circle skirt. Still I got to reuse the finished edge on the bottom and save myself from hemming. And it`s a really nice drapey linen type material. Think it will feel really nice to wear in the summer. And I stuck to my resolution and added a pocket to the skirt, just in one of the seams. I took the advice from Heather Ross` website and added one extra panel (that was all I had enough material for) and I think it is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment