26 February 2011

One more Hat for Henry

I made one more hat for Henry last week. The warm weather actually got me thinking of sun hats. But since it is still February, I came to my senses and made him a winter hat instead. But I used this free sun hat pattern from McCall's. The only thing I changed was to add an inch to the height of the crown to get a little more forehead coverage. And sized up one for the added bulk of the lining.


I used a corduroy for the outer and fleece for the lining. And added ear flaps to the straps. So it actually is quite cosy warm I think. And I made the sides turn up cowboy-style using velcro so you can also take them down for added sun protection or a different look. Like so:


And now he's my little cowboy! So sweet!


PS - I am now labelling Henry-related posts as toddler instead of baby!!





giveaways

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love the adjustments you made! I am going to have to give the pattern a try. Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute and adorable, both your model and the hat... especially the model ^^) thanks for sharing! I hope to see you link-up again this week ^^)

    ReplyDelete